Instructor: Rene’ Janiece, LMT, BCTMB, CLT, COMT
Date: July 15-20 (Mon-Sat)
Hours: 45 hours
Price: $950; $900 Early Bird (by June 1) * See bottom of page for refund policy
Time: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm; Sat 8am-2pm
ELIGIBILITY: This course is designed for Licensed/Registered Massage Therapists who have 500 hours of massage education or are certified through the NCBTMB. PTs, PTAs, OTs, COTAs, ATCs, and RNs may also take this course but should first consult with Klose Training to ensure it is appropriate for their needs. Upon registration you will be asked to provide a copy of your current license.
MLD Certification will help you to:
- Gain valuable new skills
- Attract more clients
- Improve client outcome
This 6-day MLD certification course with KLOSE TRAINING is based on the techniques developed by Dr. Emil Vodder, Ph.D., MT. Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) is a very effective yet gentle manual technique that is easy on the therapist’s body and well tolerated by even highly-sensitive clients. MLD reduces swelling and detoxifies the skin and superficial fascia by promoting drainage within the superficial and deep systems of the lymph vascular network.
Instructor René Janiece establishes a supportive class environment in which you’ll learn the anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system and effective MLD sequences that can reduce swelling and other symptoms associated with: Post-surgical edema; soft-tissue injuries; rheumatoid arthritis; fibromyalgia; whiplash; migraine headaches; PTSD; anxiety disorders; mild, medically-uncomplicated lymphedema; and more!
The MLD Advantage
Getting MLD-certified expands your skill set which will help you better serve your current clients. Some therapists find it beneficial to use MLD in every massage session in conjunction with other techniques.
Becoming certified will also attract new clients to your practice who require this special form of massage. PTs and OTs often refer their patients with lymphedema to LMT-CLTs for maintenance therapy.
MLD has many applications including:
- As an adjunct therapy for clients who have been injured
- For use with oncology patients who prefer a lighter massage
- For treating post-surgical patients with edema (swelling)
- To improve the QOL for hospice patients and those in palliative care
- As an additional option to Swedish or relaxation massage
- And more!
During this course, students will be instructed in basic MLD treatment sequences as well as MLD treatment sequences for mild, medically uncomplicated upper and lower extremity lymphedema. These sequences will be demonstrated and practiced. Each day will be divided into two sections: theoretical and hands-on application.
Participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the anatomy and the relevant scientific terminology related to the lymphatic system
- Demonstrate an understanding of the differentiation between the normal and diseased states of the lymphatic system (physiology and pathophysiology of the lymphatic system)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the indications and contraindications related to the use of MLD
- Competently perform the techniques of MLD for all body areas
- Develop appropriate treatment strategies for indications such as post-surgical edema, post-traumatic edema, fibromyalgia, general detoxification and other conditions
- Competently perform MLD on clients after breast surgery for cancer (clients at risk to develop lymphedema)
- Competently perform MLD on clients with mild, medically uncomplicated, primary or secondary lymphedema
Please note: This course will not prepare the participant for the Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT) treatment of lymphedema. Students who are so motivated must take an additional certification training course and meet other requirements of enrollment.
“The best continuing education course of my entire career.”
Instructor: Rene’ Janiece, LMT #6865, BCTMB, CLT, COMT brings over thirty years of experience in the field of massage and bodywork to her classroom instruction. Sixteen of those years have focused on the lymphatic system. She is a graduate of the Scherer Institute of Natural Healing (Santa Fe School of Massage) in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and has a broad background in both comfort-oriented and therapeutic modalities. Her private and clinically based practices have focused largely on palliative and hospice care, and clinic and hospital-based therapies, specializing in oncology. Rene’ travels throughout the United States teaching courses in massage, Manual Lymphatic Drainage, and lymphedema and oncology awareness in the bodywork setting.
MLD Certification Tuition and Refund Policy
The total tuition for the course is $950.00 (or early bird price of $900 if payment in full is received by June 1). A deposit of $100.00 is required at the time of registration and will hold your spot until the total amount is due three (3) weeks prior to the first day of class. Anyone cancelling her/his registration more than 3 weeks before the start of the class will receive a refund of their payment to date, by check within 10 business days, minus a non-refundable administrative charge of $100.00. No refund will be given for student cancellation less than three weeks prior to the start of the class, regardless of the reason for withdrawal or dismissal.